Roasted chicken and vegetables
- 1 acorn squash, halved lengthwise, seeded, and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 4 slices of swish cheese
- Handful of spinach
- 1 pound of mushrooms, trimmed and halved
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- 4 bone in chicken breast halves (10 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- Pre-heat oven to 375º. Combine all vegetables in a roasting pan, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Roast until the squash is beginning to soften and all vegetables are heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lift up the skin from chicken breasts; rub the flesh with the rosemary and some salt and pepper. Stuff with cheese and vegetables as desired. (Spinach and bell pepper in this recipe). Replace the skin; season the chicken all over with more salt and rosemary.
- Remove the roasting pan from the over, and place the vegetables. Return to the oven; continue roasting until the chicken is cooked and the vegetables are tender, about 35 minutes.
Served with Spanish rice
There is nothing better than a 100% natural smoothie. I use the Blendtec blender. It makes juices, smoothies, dressings, ice cream- that's just to name a few! Best kitchen gadget ever.
- 5 large sized strawberries
- 1 banana
- Handful of blueberries
- 1/3 glass of apple juice concentrate
- 1/3 glass of soymilk
- 3 large ice cubes