20091028


My dinner a few nights ago. Jumbo shrimp cocktail.


I'm an on again, off again, vegetarian. Still struggling from time to time. If you're vegetarian or vegan, take out your gag bag for this picture. J is a meat eater and cannot let it go, I have to shop for him as well...


Antioxidants

So, to sum it all- shrimp, tomatoes, broccoli, brown rice, cane sugar with a bit of tea, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and a bit of dark chocolate for dessert.

My days have been filled with making sure we are getting the best foods possible, in our system. Before my recent weekend trip to Chicago, I picked up The China Study. I'm only half way through the book, but it has already made me think twice about my 'new found diet'. If you are looking for a good read, I highly recommend this book. I have always only been a fan of reading material related to politics, it has definitely been refreshing to have been exposed to this book. I have to thank HR at my work for having recommended it. Now, I'm even more obsessed with what we buy at the market. Next, I should start my own little garden and grow some crops, no?