20100303

Kee Wah

It would be a lie to say that adhering to a vegan diet is easy. Living in LA certainly does make the task/goal much easier to achieve, but I'd also be lying if I said I have not craved foods (particularly, [my weakness!!] pastries). In response to Jack's "Live a little" comment, I decided to, well, live a little and have a tart.

Jack brought home some of my favorite desserts last night. Surprised that it's not chocolate? One's an egg tart and the other a fruit tart. I seldom used to visit Kee Wah as a child when I lived in Hong Kong...so I feel pretty lucky to live near one now! Reading about the company's history makes me appreciate the bakery all the more. I might have to visit again next week...they have some of the best baked goods I've ever had. The downside is definitely the fact that the workers at the counter aren't your typical Walmart greeter, but, the task is devour their product and I'm so glad I don't have to rely on anyone to do that!