20090708

On shedding those pounds...



I've never had a weight problem. Until recently. Ever since my biopsy, I've been staying at home BUM style and I gained 10 lbs in the first 3 months. I kind of figured, ok...it's okay I need to get my body ready for whatever treatment I'll end up getting...now fast forward another 3 months and I gained another 4.5 lbs! I weighed myself at night before going to bed and right when I woke up this morning. I'll have to say, I used to eat whatever (that means everything!) I felt like before my diagnosis. ..(It's ok! I don't want to feel sorry for myself but just move on with my life! ;) My lack of sleep and always being on the run lifestyle is what kept me at my then ideal weight. Nowadays, I'm getting my full 8 hours of sleep and eating organic as much as possible. I don't think I've ever been healthier. Anyway, when I gained the first 10 lbs, I was determined to go to the gym everyday but let's face it, it's not as easy as saying it! Today, I went grocery shopping...oh and what was the first thing I saw when I walked into Vons?! Ice cream. AKA THE DEATH OF ME. It wasn't just one kind that was on sale, I think the entire ice cream department had some kind of sale going on...after I finished stocking up on what would be my dinner, I went back to the ice cream isle and was so overwhelmed by the choices that I decided NOT to take home any $1 Haagen Dazs, as cute and delicious as they looked...another pound...no can do! Once and if I ever go over a certain line, it'll be so much harder to get back onto my ideal weight...which is what I weigh right now. 

What am I eating tonight, you ask? Wild tuna with lemon slices and avocado + tomato salad. For dessert...cherries and raspberries. Ohh and the butter crips will be eaten tomorrow either before or after working out at the gym for an hour. Hey, I need something to look forward to!
So, what do you do to stay fit and healthy and how do you fight those darn cravings?