Ingredients for crust
- 1 1/2 cups flour (I used quinoa flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon sald (I used sea salt)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (I used vegan cane sugar)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (I used vegan soymilk)
Directions to make crust
- Put all dry ingredients in a big bowl
- Add orange juice/soymilk and mix
- Pat into mold with fingertips. Bake at 425 for ~10 minutes
Ingredients for custard
- 1/3 cup soymilk
- 1 tablespoon of cane sugar (not that I used a lot less than the recommended amount)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons softened margarine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions to make custard
- Add sugar, soymilk, and flour into a small saucepan and hear. Stir until lumps of flour disappear. Turn on heat to medium high and bring to boil, stirring constantly. Boil until thick.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Whisk in lemon juice and margarine until smooth and creamy. Spoon into crust!
Wait for custard to cool. Place custard into baked crusts + desired fruit on custard and enjoy!
I didn't realize how much of a sugar addict I am until my boyfriend pointed it out. Who doesn't love sweets anyway? My trainer reminds me every time that I see him, sugar is toxic to our blood. So what's a girl that loves sugar to do? Eat it with moderation, and try to get natural sugars into your body- from fruit!